Wednesday 27 November to Friday 29 November 2024
One of the challenges in the social science methods space is it's dynamic nature. Given this and the need to keep abreast of changes and innovation, this conference provides the opportunity to reflect on where we've come from, highlight where we are and imagine our future as social scientists.
A unique feature of this conference is that it is multi-disciplinary and brings together researchers and methodologists from a range of environments and contexts.
The conference is organised around four themes:
- Research paradigms and designs;
- Research methods and techniques;
- Research technology and tools;
- Datasets, data collections and data archiving.
There will be three types of papers:
- Papers / presentations where an abstract is reviewed (abstract in the conference proceedings).
- Short videos (under 5 minutes) - including a student short video competition (abstract in the conference proceedings).
- Posters - including a student poster competition (abstract in the conference proceedings).
Keynote / Plenary Speakers
- We will announce our keynote / plenary speakers here
Timeline / Deadlines
- Late August 2024: Earlybird registration opens
- 20 September 2024: Abstract submission closes
- 11 October 2024: Earlybird registration closes
- 13 November 2024: Final date for submission of short videos
- 27 November 2024: Conference opens
Student short video and poster competition
- To be eligible to enter students must have their short video or poster abstracts accepted for the conference. Each abstract should articulate your project/thesis research question and the method(s) you employ to address this.
- A prize will be awarded based on:
- The ability to succinctly present the research question and method.
- The content of the video/poster presentation.
- The quality of the visuals.
- The ACSPRI Executive Committee will judge the short videos and posters.
- The prize is a voucher to attend an ACSPRI course (valued at up to $2,120.00 *Early bird member rate)
- Short video and poster presenters must be currently enrolled students at an ACSPRI member institution.
- Students interested in having their posters / videos considered for the Short Video Competition must:
- Submit an abstract by 20 September 2024
- Indicate they would like to be considered for the prize in the submission
- Register for the conference by the early bird deadline of 11 October 2024
- Self produce a video in a web ready format or a printed poster
- If your abstract is accepted, your final video must be submitted by 13 November 2022
- All videos / posters will be published on the conference website. The winner will be announced during the conference. Note: to have a video / poster displayed on the conference website you must register and attend the conference.
- All students are eligible for the student video / poster competition, including those that present a paper during a session, but this might be of special interest to those starting on a research project where ideas may not be developed enough for a full conference presentation.
- Registration will open in mid 2024 - details of pricing to come
Conference organiser: Adam Zammit, ACSPRI
Phone: 03 9013 9653
Please contact email@example.com for a sponsor prospectus